CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please take the time and trouble to read through all the following points before you download, complete and return an entry form to us. This may well prevent unnecessary problems later. Thank you!
- The University of Cambridge endeavours to make sure that all the exams it offers are fair to all who wish to participate, irrespective of any disabilities (like dyslexia) they may suffer from. Papers are, for example, also available in Braille. Candidates with special needs should apply AT LEAST SIX MONTHS before the date of the exam they wish to take, providing where necessary medical proof of their disability. Please get in touch with us if you think you may be affected.
- Please read through the extract “Summary regulations for candidates” carefully. Your signature on the entry form is confirmation of the fact that you agree to be bound by all the rules and regulations pertaining to the conduct of these examinations and also constitutes your promise to comply with all the instructions you may be given during the examination by the Centre Exams Manager as well as by the supervisors and invigilators of the Cambridge Examinations Centre in Hamburg.
- You must be available for all the stated sessions for the Speaking part listed for your particular examination. There are no alternative dates on offer for any of the different parts of the examination apart from those listed on the website under DATES.
- Please complete the entry form in BLOCK CAPITALS and please pay attention to due legibility. Nearly all diacritical marks (à, á, ä, etc.) can be processed by the entries unit in Cambridge. The way you write your name must correspond to the lettering on your identity card. Please ensure that you complete all sections of the entry form, otherwise there might well be a delay in processing your details. Please enter the abbreviated title of the examination for which you wish to enter (e.g. FCE, ILEC) in the space marked “Examination”. If you have prepared yourself for the examination, write “Self-Study” in the space provided.
- Your candidate number will be entered by us.
- Without an appropriate remittance no entry can be accepted. A giro transfer payment without the receipt of a corresponding entry form similarly constitutes a non-registration. If you wish to enter for an examination after the deadline has passed, an automatic penalty payment (Late Entry Fee) will be levied. This applies even in those cases where entries are only marginally late. Please do not wait to receive an acknowledgement of your entry form before you pay the fee. You will not receive an additional request for payment. You will also not receive any separate communication from us advising you that we have received your entry form.
- If you wish to enter for an examination after the deadline has passed, an automatic penalty charge (Late Entry Fee) will be levied. The deadline is always identical with the respective closing date. Even marginal breaches of this deadline will trigger the penalty charge.
- Your entry form must have reached us by the stated closing date (given under FEES). Please assist us by returning your entry form as soon as possible and bear in mind that we cannot assume any liability for entry forms which reach us by post after the stated deadline. We require an original signature and therefore cannot accept the transmission of an entry form by any electronic means or as a facsimile.
- After registration has been completed, fees will NOT be refunded. The transfer of a registration to a later or different date or to another examination or to another candidate is NOT admissible. If you are prevented by ill-health from attending the examination and present us immediately with an original sick note from a certified doctor, we will refund one-half of the original examination fee. We hereby exclude any further legal liability.
- Your registration will be officially confirmed by the University of Cambridge approximately four weeks after the closing date. You will then receive further details about the examination procedure. During this period please do not contact us to enquire about the processing of your entry. If you wish to have absolute certainty that your entry form has safely reached us, please use the recorded delivery system offered by the German postal authorities (Rückantwortschein).
- When you arrive for the examination, you will receive information about a secured online access to your results (Candidate Profile). If you have passed the examination, you can expect to receive your certificate by registered mail some ten to sixteen weeks after the date of the examination.
- If you have any further queries concerning a possible entry, please contact us either at 040/42801-2341 or via email at email@example.com